Create things with the Internet
- Create an MLA bibliography—This site connects to Nueva Library Research. The previous site Noodletools is now a paid subscription.
- Encarta Dictionary
- Dictionary and Vocabulary Games–very neat!
- An online rubric maker— this is really neat!!!
- Teach-nology–nice selection of pre-made rubrics
- Another online rubric maker–with several additional tools like, citation builders, web page builders, etc.
- Worksheet Generators
- ESC Software Library—This site has demo software that is much like shareware in price and look; however, several of the available products, like vocabulary WISCO Wordpower, are pretty good. Thirty day evaluation. Most products between $15-$45.
- Internet searches and WebQuest with Filamentality –provides template for WebQuest and Internet assignments
- ShapeBooks–some free areas. $20 fee a year for access to complete library. K-3 area
- Interactive Test
- Create a Graph–an easy to use online graph program–good for elementary
- Create a Survey–has a free section and paid section. Free is OK for classroom use.
- GenuineClass–Word Search
- Worksheets for Teacher–a plethora of teacher tools for Teach-nology, e.g., worksheets, pips, WebQuest generators, etc.
- Questionmaker–makes tests
- EasyTest Maker–another tool to make tests and worksheets
- Kelly’s Multiple Choice Generator—makes quick and easy multiple choice tests.
- Create a Timeline—
- PDF-omatic–turn webpages into PDF format
- Make Awards Online--awards you can print or email
Search Engines for Teachers and Students
Student Search Engines
- AskJeeves for Kids
- Kid’s Click
- TechMom A+
- SuperKids Super Search
- Great Sites
Teacher Search Engines
- List and description of major search engines
- Beaucoup!–List of Search Engines by topics
- New York Times: Cyber Navigator:
- All-In-One Search
- AltaVista (Good Translator)
- Northern Light
- Go to
Student Safe Email
Lesson for Searches
- Seven Steps (modified)
Using the Internet to teach pre-writing and writing
- Graphic Organizer Generators –-timelines, venns, KWLs, SQ3Rs,
- Creating Venn Diagrams for your characters
- ChecklistMaker—from the makers of TrackStar
- Mystery Picture
Online Quiz makers and lessons
- Quia–quizzes and games
- Funbrain–quizzes and games especially elementary level
- QuizStar–quiz and test scores sent home.
- Abiator’s Interactive Lessons–This site has a number of online language skills quizzes and puzzles.
Don’t recreate the wheel sites. Online sites already annotated or create your own
- TrackStar–excellent site for coordinated websites w/ tasks
Creating and using a WebQuest
- RHL School–Worksheets for grammar and reading comprehension. Good substitute day fillers.
- Teaching Resources–Worksheets, lesson plans, etc.
- Fun Calculators–-Want to know how old you are in dog years? A strange site with some strange calculators
- Dictionaries and Thesaurus–neat tool for your toolbar and simple to add.
- Free Translation--translate English into Spanish, French…
Greeting Cards, Certificates and e-Post Cards
- Certificate Creator
- Success Certificates
- Postcardmaker–low end but good for elementary children.
- 123 Greetings.com
- Jolly Roger Classical Greetings–send a sonnet, lyrical poem, etc.
- 1001 Post Cards
Graphics and ETC
- ClipArt and…
- Discover School
- Educational Clipart index
- Awesome Clip Art for Kids
- Classroom Clipart
- Disney Clipart
- School Clipart
- The Amazing Picture Machine
- Animfactory—some good free stuff on this web site.
- Gif.works–editing clipart
- 3d Textbuilder–creating clipart
- Marcopolo Portal–includes Illuminations, Edsitement, Science Netlinks, ArtsEdge, EconEdLink, Xpeditions
- BigChalk–a little bit of everything
- NJ PEP–NJ Professional Education Port
- Eduscapes –a plethora of a variety of educational portals.
- Start Sports –a portal for a variety of activities.
- New York Times Learning Network
- Babloo – A portal for children 3-12 years old. Includes interactive education, online games, fun and learning activities, puzzles, and an encyclopedia.
Good Resource Sites for lesson plans and worksheets
- SueLebeau’ Websitea great site for information on almost any classroom tool, lesson plan, classroom project…
- Teacher’s First–TeachersFirst is a rich collection of lessons and web resources
- Teacher Tools@2learn–ideas, plans and examples on how to use word processing, presentation and database programs in the classroom.
- The Gateway–quick and easy access to thousands of educational resources found on various federal, state, university, non-profit, and commercial Internet sites
- DiscoverSchool.com–site has been used here previously. This will direct you to the index.
- Teacher Tools–Bulletin board ideas, lesson plans.
- Enchanted Learning–Lesson plans for Dinosaurs, etc.
- Teachervision.com (K-12):
- ABC Teach–nice site for elementary
- Busy Teachers–a site for lesson plans and black line masters. K-3
- EdHelper–covers a plethora of resources from worksheets to word problems
- KidZone–Elementary site. Good printables but annoying ads.
- esl-Lounge–Worksheets and lesson plan ideas for ESL students
- Mr Donn’s Lesson Plans–Lesson plan across the curriculum.
- Educational Hotlist--organized lists of resources on the Internet for science educators
- Ask Eric Lesson Plans–good site
- Outta Ray’s Head–English lesson plans
- Sites for Teachers–collection of popular web sites.
- AboutSchool–Online activities and printable worksheets or a range of subjects.
- Pro-Teacher–a little bit of everything
- Music Lesson plans and WebQuests
- WebQuest for Learning Music
Special Education Lesson Plans
The following Educational Technology Training Centers (ETTCs) in the three regions of New Jersey were awarded this grant:
Assistive Technology Links
|North:||Bergen County ETTC|
Warren County ETTC
|Central:||Middlesex County ETTC|
Ocean County ETTC
|South:||Burlington County ETTC|
Camden County ETTC
- Kodak Lesson plans
- Awesome Library for Special Education
- Education World–Special Education
- AskEric–Special Population
- Canadian HomeSchooling Resource Page
A source of information for parents teaching their children from home. Includes discussion groups and e-mail lists, links to related associations, and a range of ideas for educating children at home.
- Adaptive Programming General guidelines to adapting school activities for students with special needs.
- Lesson Planning
Activities for teaching about disabilities.
- Special Education Lesson Plans
Includes gifted lesson plans.
- Teachers Helping Teachers Special Education
Special education lesson plans posted by teachers around the world.
- Special Education in the Classroom
- Special Education Lesson Plans
Lessons for students with special needs.
- Exercise on Building Coping Skills and Self-Esteem
- Special Educator’s Web Page
Suitable Rubrics and worksheets for evaluating projects
- Kathy Schrock’s collection of rubrics
- Multimedia book report rubric
- Rubrics for Multimedia Projects Using HyperStudio, PowerPoint
- Rubrics for evaluating WebQuest
- Critical evaluation of web sites
- The Teacher Tools
- Customize a Rubric
- The Whining Rubric–A favorite of mine!
- Infomine--academically accurate Internet sources
- Digital Libraries–a list of online libraries. Many are truly unique
- PlagiServe— Plagiarism site
- A collection of dictionaries
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Electronic Library Encyclopedia
- Encarta Encyclopedia
- E-conflict–resource for information about countries
- Astronautix—resources for space program research
- Country at a Glance–brief information on various countries.
- World Flags–Also contains historical flags
- World Fact Books–maps, facts about countries
- Xcursion Central–an aid to navigating the Internet (educational portal)
- Biography.com— A&E more contemporary
- Times 100 Most Important People of the Century
- Nobel e-Museum
- InfoPlease Biography
- Angelfire.com is free
- Fortune City is free
- GeoCities is free
- eboard (no longer a free site)
- Create a Web Page for your Class–very easy and a pretty good looking as compared to some. TeachWeb is not a free site.
- Free Forms, Guest books
- BraveNet tools for the web
- WebWorksheet Wizard